Mid-Texas Symphony Running Team - TIR 2010

(left to right): Arturo Aldama, Liz Levin Pittel, Fred Ramirez, James Baker, Dorian Ramirez, The Mad Director (standing in for Maeve Goetz), Alan Pekarik, David Horne, Marie Pekarik, Jonathan Hager, Holly Murphy-Brackin, and Steve Hager

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Workouts

Last year we all wondered what sort of workout would best prepare us for the multiple legs required of each runner. It's still a good question: how do you get ready to run 4-6 miles at some sort of competitive speed, then spend the next 7-8 hours riding around in a van, chasing and cheering your teammates, then running another 4-6 miles? How about it? Steve and I talked about it some last year and we both spent some preparation time doing 2 runs in a day. I believe Steve even did a few three-a-days. This still seems a good way to prep for the adventure we have ahead at this year's running of the TIR and it's what I will be doing over the week and a half ahead. I can't guarantee two-a-days every day, but I do intend to make my second run of today when I get off work at midnight. Earlier I ran a bit over 6 miles. I'll probably log another 4 miles before I head to bed.

I guess what we all remember from last year is how good we felt on the first, second, sometimes even the third leg. But the fourth was tough. I don't believe even our speedster Jonathon would deny it, though as I recall he burned up that 40th leg. We're counting on you doing that again for us, Jonathon.

Happy running all....once a day or more.

1 comment:

  1. I think the 2-3 run a day is good training for this event. Last year I had no stiffness at all. This year may be another matter since I'm not getting so much training!

    ReplyDelete