Mid-Texas Symphony Running Team - TIR 2010

(left to right): Arturo Aldama, Liz Levin Pittel, Fred Ramirez, James Baker, Dorian Ramirez, The Mad Director (standing in for Maeve Goetz), Alan Pekarik, David Horne, Marie Pekarik, Jonathan Hager, Holly Murphy-Brackin, and Steve Hager

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beach to Bay 2009

Just a reminder to not let your sneakers cool off too much after the success at TIR since Beach to Bay is not far away. I don't know about the rest of you, but I was looking forward to running the Capital 10K this coming weekend, using it as an opportunity to get a little more speed under my feet, but I don't think I'm going to make it to Austin. The weekend is just TOO busy, what with Mid-Texas Symphony activities and all. My, I guess if we call ourselves the Mid-Texas Symphony runners it's best that some of us every now and then play some rehearsals and a concert.

Here's where we now stand on Beach to Bay:
The race, of course, is Saturday, May 16. Team runners will meet in Corpus Friday afternoon for packet pickup. We'll determine the details of this as we approach the date. Dorian has once again procured use of the condo on the island. Several of us will be staying there Friday night. I believe, as was the case last year, that Liz will stay with Dorian and Fred.

The Roster:
Steve Hager
Jonathon Hager
Fred Ramirez
James Baker
Liz Pittel
Zenna James



Steve warned me about 6 months ago that he was thinking of forming a Hager Family team. Fortunately for our MTS team, Steve's defection didn't happen. Thus, barring any sticky complications, both Steve and Jon will run with us. (Jon, let me know, please.) Unfortunately, Dorian is running with a primo women's masters team which is hoping to place in their division. Good luck, but we miss you already. In Dorian's place, I have invited my step-daughter Zenna to run. As many of you know, Zenna and I have been running together now and then, plus we had a great time with the 3M Half-Marathon as a team. I know you will all welcome Zenna.

So......I'm looking forward to this year's Beach to Bay. We can be very proud to have been a part of this event, now in its 34th year, as it has grown immensely into the largest relay marathon in the country.

I haven't thought much yet about leg assignments but will certainly entertain anyone's preferences, though this doesn't guarantee anything. Ha! I love being the captain and sounding as if I'm in control. Of course, Jon will be our money horse again, running the anchor. I've always done the first leg, on the beach. Anyone else interested in that one?

No comments:

Post a Comment