Mid-Texas Symphony Running Team - TIR 2010

(left to right): Arturo Aldama, Liz Levin Pittel, Fred Ramirez, James Baker, Dorian Ramirez, The Mad Director (standing in for Maeve Goetz), Alan Pekarik, David Horne, Marie Pekarik, Jonathan Hager, Holly Murphy-Brackin, and Steve Hager

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Our New Team Shirts


Alright, I admit we were outclassed last year by some of the other teams who wore team colors and shirts which looked alike. I know Brenda wanted to make amends there and she was also anxious to decorate our vans. I guess all that underwear on the Victorious Secret vans just rubbed her the wrong way. Well, we still won't compete for best decorated van, but we WILL sport team shirts. This is the front of the shirt. My wife, Jane Dunnewold, executed the design and added the fine touch of gold leaf on the "S" in Symphony. "TIR 2008 - 31:18:02" will remind us of last year's time and perhaps encourage our legs to move at a pace which will get us there just a little faster this year.


It was Brenda who suggested the slogan "Come and overtake us" for the back of the team shirt. I hope this doesn't serve as incentive for the other teams to come roaring past us. It IS a clever play on the overall theme of "Come and Take It" which, by the way, we will display with our own flag which we got by registering early for this year's race. The number 65, of course, is our team number from last year, and this year too.

The shirts are long sleeve, 70/30 cotton/poly blend with Dri-balance wicking. I know we are all particular about the clothing we run in and I don't imagine any of us will run any of our legs in these shirts, but I do intend us to show our "colors" at the very end of the race. BTW, the official end, where the final timing is taken, will be prior to the so-called .38 mile "epilogue". This means Jonathon can slip into a team shirt for that final team finish.

One final note: The generous supporters of the Mid-Texas Symphony answered my appeal for financial aid with a contribution of $250. I am sure you will all join me in words of thanks for this generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment